Who: Middle School and High School students
When: March 16-18, 2018
Where: Jonathan Creek Camp and Conference Center
Payment Deadline: March 1, 2018
Dnow is the event that you look forward to every year. Well, this year it’s on steroids! Don’t miss the biggest and best Dnow in the history of Lone Oak FBC.
Our camp pastor for the week will be SoJo (Joseph Sojourner). You may remember him from BigStuf! SoJo is a communicator, writer, and hip-hop recording artist. He is passionate about engaging the next generation of leaders in the church and throughout culture. Sojourner serves as the creative director and a communicator for BigStuf camps, the emcee of Catalyst Conferences, a keynote speaker for Orange, Growing Leaders, and Youth Pastor Summit, while continuing to communicate throughout the globe for churches and large events.
Sojourner’s passion for Jesus, love for people, and honest creativity are what make his voice unique. Not only will SoJo be our camp pastor, he will also host a concert on Saturday night from his latest album “Fight Club”
Music will be led by Nick Carter. Nick led worship for us this year at Breakaway. We loved him so much we decided to have him back. Nick serves at the Worship and Mission Pastor at Mercy Hill Church in Yulee, FL. Nick is a graduate of the Baptist College of Florida where he met his wife Natalie. Natalie & Nick have one son named Ezra.
New this year: OPEN RECREATION!
That means from 1pm – 5pm, you can climb on the Aerial Adventure Park, zip down the Zip-Lines, of shoot your friends while playing Bazooka Ball or Laser Tag. All the other open recreation options will be available as well, basketball, gaga-ball, volleyball, and Frisbee golf. Recreation just got a whole lot more fun and exciting!
Most importantly, we will spend time together each day in worship and studying God’s Word. SoJo will lead us through 4 sessions based on the theme – This Changes Everything – based on 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
- Session 1: Sin separates us from God.
- Session 2: Forgiveness is available through Jesus.
- Session 3: Our Christian life is not about being a slave, but about being a child of God.
- Session 4: The celebration for each sinner-turned-child is a part of the story God is telling in our lives.
- Sleeping bag/sheets/pillow (No linens provided)
- Towels and washcloths
- Flip-flops for the shower
- Clothes for outdoor activities
- Closed toe shoes and socks (hiking boots or tennis shoes)
- Jacket or long sleeves
- Clothes for the remainder of weekend
- Rain jacket – Weather will NOT dictate what we do.
- Medication – controlled substance medication only must be turned in to a leader prior to leaving with instructions on distribution of medication
5:30pm Check-in MPR lobby
6:00pm Leave LOFBC
7:00pm Arrive at Jonathan Creek
8:00pm Session 1
10:00pm Small Group
8:00am Quiet Time
9:00am Session 2
10:00am Small Group
11:30pm 1st Lunch
12:00pm 2nd Lunch
1:00pm Zip-Lines, Aerial Park, Bazooka Ball, Laser Tag Opens
5:00pm Zip-Lines, Aerial Park, Bazooka Ball, Laser Tag Closes
5:30pm 1st Dinner
6:00pm 2nd Dinner
7:30pm Session 3
9:00pm Small Group
10:00pm SoJo – Fight Club – Concert
8:00am Pack bags & Load bus
9:00am Quiet Time
9:30am Session 4
11:00am Leave Camp
12:00pm Arrive at LOFBC