We are one week away from our annual Middle School Fall Retreat! You may have some questions regarding what to bring, what time to drop off your students, etc. If you do not find the answer to any of your questions below please feel free to contact Joe Yarbrough, 270-709-5900, or email@example.com.
What time do I drop off my student on Friday, Nov 10, and where?
- Drop off your student at 6:00PM. Check-In’s will take place in the MPR at LOFBC.
Does my student need to eat dinner before?
- No, we will have dinner at 6:30PM in the youth lounge.
What all is involved with Checking in?
- Parents, come inside with your student, have them bring their luggage and place it in the designated area. Then, proceed to the check-in station where one of our volunteers will make sure you have all of your forms filled out.
When do I pick my student up?
- You may pick your student up, Sunday, Nov 12 at 11am in the MPR at LOFBC.
What does my student need to bring?
- The basic essentials needed for the Fall Retreat are: Bible, something to sleep on/in (air mattress, cot, or sleeping bag), change of clothes (Saturday and Sunday), toiletries, towel, and a snack to share at their host home.
Are cell phones allowed?
- They are allowed but not encouraged to be used during the retreat weekend. If your student bring their phone they may be asked to leave it off. Emergency Contact #’s will be given out for every host home group.
What are host homes?
- They are homes of church members who have graciously opened up their homes to provide a safe and comfortable place for your student to spend the night with their small group on Friday and Saturday.
What all is a host home responsible for?
- Host homes are responsible for helping transport your students to and from church, provide a space to sleep either on the floor or in a bed/couch, and provide breakfast on Saturday morning.
(click the image above to register online)
We need a minimum of 6 homes to house all of our groups. Host Homes will need to have enough space for 6-10 students to sleep on the floor or in beds for 2 nights. If you are interested in being a host home for your students small group please let Joe Yarbrough (270-709-5900 firstname.lastname@example.org) or Heather Rudy(270-554-1441 email@example.com) know ASAP.
Our theme this year is “ONE.”
Have you ever thought about how one moment can define history? Or how one decision can change a life? We know that it only takes one person to start a movement. There is power in one. And the power of one resounds through Scripture, and by studying ONE, your students will travel through the Word to discover a powerful message that God has for them: There is ONE God. ONE way to Him. ONE family united under His banner. And ONE mission we’ve been entrusted with. The study we’re going to be working through is called ONE and it’s an awesome look at the essential truths of our faith.
Every student who attends will receive an Amplify Hoodie. When you sign up online make sure you put down your correct size. All sizes are “adult.” The cost of the hoodie is included in your $50 for the total cost of the weekend.
Friday, November 10
6:00PM Check in
8:00PM Small Groups
8:30PM Host Homes
Saturday, November 11
9:00AM Christmas Card Project @LOFBC
10AM Depart for JCREEK
11AM Laser Tag/Small Groups
12PM Laser Tag/Small Groups
2PM Game Time/Worship
4PM Depart to LOFBC
7PM Small Groups
8PM Skate Party
9PM Host Homes
Sunday, November 12
8:30AM Breakfast in Youth Lounge
9AM Small Groups
9:45AM Worship Service
11AM Parent Pickup in the MPR
Sign up online today for our annual Guys Campout and Girls Slumber party!
This event is absolutely free, but you must sign up online. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Date: Friday night, September 8th – Saturday morning, September 9th
Time: Guys will need to be at the church between 5:00PM and 5:30PM.
Girls will need to arrive at 6:00PM on Friday, September 8th.
Parent pickup will be at 11:30am on Saturday morning, September 9th.
Dinner will be served Friday night, and breakfast will be served on Saturday morning.
Things to bring:
Guys: A tent (if you have one, if not we have extra), swimsuit/towel, Bible, flashlight.
Girls: Something comfortable to sleep on, and a Bible.
Follow the link below to sign up for these awesome events!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
We have had to make a few changes to the Calendar for AMPLIFY this summer.
June 14: Next week’s trip to Venture River has been cancelled – we will have a Slip-N-Slide Kickball game and Water Wars instead. 5:45-7:00PM at LOFBC. Bring a change of clothes and a towel.
July 5: Vertical Jump will now be on the 5th of July instead of the 26th.
July 26: Maggies Jungle Golf will now be on the 26th instead of the 5th.
For more questions contact the church office 270-554-1441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
When? Wednesday, May 31.
Where? Lone Oak First Baptist Church MPR.
We have 25 Nerf guns available for students to use as well as over 200 Nerf darts. Students are allowed and encouraged to bring their own NERF gear.
Our recent 8th grade graduates are invited to go on an exciting weekend trip this summer, July 14-15! We will go aboard the new Ark Encounter, a 510-foot-long full-size biblical replica of Noah’s Ark. We will also be going to explore the Creation Museum. Both of these museums will be exciting and sure to grow you in your faith as you get ready to head off to high school. We will have a ton of fun too! You will not want to miss this trip!
Click here to sign up now!
For more information or questions about this trip please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow night from 7:00-8:30PM in the gym at LOFBC is our “AMPED SKATE NIGHT.”
“AMPED” is an event designed for our middle school students to invite a friend who does not attend church anywhere. We will have free pizza, drinks, snacks, skates and fun games!
The small group who brings the most guests will win gift certificates to our Youth Lounge to redeem for free pizza and a drink!
Make sure you bring some socks!
All parents of middle school students are invited to attend a parents meeting on Saturday, January 21st from 5:00PM-6:30PM in the fellowship hall at LOFBC. We will be discussing all events for 2017, including our Chicago mission trip. Jamie Coomer, our minister of discipleship and families will be discussing our new D6 Family Curriculum and how you can best utilize it to have spiritual conversations in the home with your students. In addition, we will be discussing some practical tips in regards to teens and cell phones. Food will be provided as well as giveaways! Sign up online now and be registered to win an awesome prize!
We have 34 students registered for our second annual Middle School fall retreat!
If you have not done so we need every student to complete an online participation from Crossings. If you have participated at an event at Crossings before you can log in with your previous account.
Click Here to complete the participation form.
- Check in starts at 5:30PM this Friday night in the MPR. Bring all of your belongings with you and place them in the designated area in the MPR.
- We WILL have dinner at 6:00PM on Friday night
- All students are encouraged to bring their favorite drink and/or snack to share with their group for the weekend.
- Students must bring something to sleep on example:sleeping bag, air mattress, cot, etc. As well as a pillow and a blanket.
- Bring a change of clothes for Saturday and Sunday.
- Bring toiletries and a towel.
- Bring a Bible!
If you have any questions please contact the church office at 270-554-1441 and ask for Heather Rudy or Joe Yarbrough.