June 8 – 10, 2018
12:00pm – Arrive at Church
12:15pm – Bus Leaves
5:30pm EST – Dinner in Chattanooga
8:00pm EST – Arrive at Cabin
8:00am – Breakfast
8:45am – Leave for Whitewater Rafting
9:00-2:00pm – Raft Full River
2:30pm – Return to Cabin
6:30pm – Steak Dinner
9:00am – Check out of Cabin
12:00pm – Hike
6:00pm – Dinner
8:00pm – Home
- Linens are provided
- Guys – bring a sleeping bag/pillow in case you don’t get a bed.
- Clothes for outdoor activities
- Chacos or Tennis Shoes to wear for rafting and the hike
- See below for what to wear on the river
- Clothes for the remainder of weekend
- Money for some meals and snacks
- Dinner on Friday
- Lunch/Dinner on Sunday
Frequently Asked Questions About Ocoee River Rafting
Middle Ocoee River: This section is America’s most popular whitewater river. It is famous for 5 miles of continuous class III and IV rapids. The Middle Ocoee River has over 20 rapids and Grumpy’s, Double Trouble and Table Saw are just a few of them. Approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours is the time you will spend on the water. Total time with us would be ½ hour before the trip for check-in, a 10 minute bus ride to the river put-in, the water time of about 1 ½ to 2 hours and about a 20 minute bus ride back to the outpost totaling around 3 to 3 ½ hours.
Upper Ocoee River: This section is known for being the 1996 Olympic site for the kayak competition. It is about a 5-mile section of class III and IV rapids and pristine whitewater wilderness. Water time on the Upper Ocoee River is about 1 ½ hours. The total trip time is about the same as the Middle.
Full Ocoee River: If you want a real fun-filled, action-packed day we offer the Full River Trip. We start with a trip down the Upper Ocoee River and then we take you on a trip down the Middle Ocoee River. With around 10 miles of whitewater rafting, the Full River Trip takes about 3 – 3 ½ hours on the river. From check-in to check-out, expect this trip to take you around 5 hours.
- T-Shirt are required to be worn on all tours. Tank tops are not allowed unless they have a full back. No racerback tanks allowed.
- Shoes that are secure on your feet are required. No flip-flops are allowed to be worn.
- We recommend quick dry clothing; it is more comfortable when wet. Jeans and sweat pants are not recommended.
- We have nice clean changing facilities for your convenience after the trip. We recommend bringing a towel, shower items, a change of clothes and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
As the oldest company on the Ocoee River, Ocoee Rafting has been providing whitewater rafting trips for almost 40 years with an excellent safety record. Our staff will do everything possible to provide you with a trouble free river experience. The safety of our guest is the foremost concern of our staff. The sport of whitewater rafting has inherent risks that are beyond human control and must be assumed by the participant. All participants will be provided with a lifejacket and helmet and a safety briefing will be given before the trip. We want everyone to be comfortable and to have a safe, fun experience.
Hike to Cummins Falls