I hope you are looking forward to this weekend. It’s going to be a great time. You are going to learn a lot and have a blast. Below are a few last minute reminders and some veteran tips for those new to the Fall Retreat!
A few last minute reminders:
- Check-in/Departure is at 4:30pm. We’re leaving a little earlier so we can eat dinner at camp.
- Linen’s are NOT provided. Don’t forget your sleeping bag and pillow!
- Be sure to look over the packing list. You need everything on there except maybe the sunscreen.
Here are a few veteran tips for the Thirst Fall Retreat
- Bring a flashlight (preferably a headlamp) – Our cabins do NOT have electricity so you’re going to want a good light. The best type of light is a headlamp, that frees up both of your hands while you’re getting yourself settled.
- Bring a water bottle – Fill up the water bottle with water or Gatorade during breakfast and lunch. Then you have something to drink anytime you want.
- Bring gloves, sock hat, warm stuff – It’s going to be cold at night. You’ll like having your warm stuff on when you leave the fire and go back to your cold bed.
- Bring an extra pair of shoes – It’s probably going to be a little muddy and you might like a fresh pair of kicks to wear back at the cabin.
These retreats have the potential to literally change your life. Maximize what God can do by coming with a great attitude, ready to learn, and excited about meeting with God.