Stay connected all summer long by plugging into Summer Ops!
Resonate Summer Calendar
Download the PDF: Resonate Summer Calendar
Amplify Summer Calendar
The Warrior of the Month just got crashed! Check it out!
Check out the first video here. If you clean your room tonight, you’re already too late!
8th Grade Graduation Trip
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from Middle School! I would like to personally invite you to come on an exciting 8th grade only graduation trip, Saturday, May 19, 2018. This annual trip is a special part of your completion of Amplify Middle School Ministry. We will journey together to the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, KY to see the story of Noah’s Ark come to life. This will be a great opportunity to prepare you for the challenges to your faith that await you as you move up to High School. Not only will this trip be educational, but we will have a ton of fun! I have a few surprises in store to make sure this trip is one that you will remember for a long time!
Sign up online at https://loneoakfbc.org/register.html
Who? Any active 8th grade student in Amplify Middle School Ministry of LOFBC (for this trip only, no guests)
When? Saturday, May 19, 2018
What time? We will leave from the church @7:30AM and return between 11PM and Midnight.
Cost? $45 plus money for lunch, snacks for when we make stops, and gift shop at the Ark (dinner is included in total cost).
I hope you all can make it for this special graduation trip!
Parent Meeting: Sunday, January 28 @ 5pm in the MPR. Please make every effort to attend the parent meeting for all students who are interested in attending camp. You can drop off your deposits and pick up any necessary forms.
All-Night Laser Tag in Nashville
9:00pm Friday night – 8:00am Saturday morning, December 1-2
$25 if registered online
$30 at the door
Check-in at LOFBC at 9pm on Friday, December 2. We will head to Nashville where we will play Laser Tag ALL NIGHT LONG! We’ll return to LOFBC at 8am the next morning. Cost includes transportation, pizza, cokes, unlimited laser tag. Register online.
The first 40 registered get to go. Invite your friends!
Required Form: PARENTAL CONSENT FORM 2017 (If you have been to any other overnight event with LOFBC, we already have this form from you)
Date: January 26-27, 2017
Where: Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, IN
Accommodations: Comfort Suites in Hebron, KY
Who: High School students
Cost – $99
Payment deadline – January 7, 2017
4:30 pm Check in at LOFBC
5:00 pm Buses Leave
11:00 pm Arrive at Hotel
12:00 pm Curfew
7:30 am – 8:00 am Breakfast
8:00 am Devotional
9:00 am Checkout/Load Bus
9:30 am Arrive at Perfect North
5:00 pm Leave Perfect North
11:00 pm Arrive at LOFBC
- $$$ – Snacks/Meals
- Meals – Breakfast on Saturday is only provided meal.
- Perfect North’s recommended “What to Bring”
What to Bring
Here is our list of recommended items for you to bring skiing or snowboarding in order to guarantee a fun first day on the slopes. If you are in need of anything on this list when you get here, most items are available in the Loft Shop.
- Hat – if your head is warm the rest of you is likely to stay warm.
- Waterproof Gloves/Mittens – mittens are warmest.
- Goggles/Sunglasses – Goggles are strongly recommended on cold or snowy days for warmth and increased visibility.
- Jacket/Parka (water resistant)
- Synthetic or wool base layers for top & bottom – it’s better to be warm than cold, you can always shed layers. Synthetic materials help to wick moisture away from your skin. Once again, do not wear cotton as a base layer.
- Snow/Water resistant pants – very important, your 1st day will acquaint your butt to the snow, keep it warm & dry.
- Snow Bibs can be rented for $10
- Warm, dry socks – No cotton. Wear only one pair of socks.
- Sunscreen – SPF 15 or higher
- Lip Balm
- Snack, Fruit, Energy Bar
- Trail Map – available for free in the lodge.
- Extra Clothes, Shoes – to change into when you’re all done, in order to go out and celebrate your 1st day.
Tip: Avoid Cotton if possible. Opt for something synthetic or wool. You can also spray clothes with Scotch guard to help waterproof them.
What should I do with my stuff?
Remember, you are responsible for your possessions while you are visiting our resort. Refrain from bringing any extra items into the lodge if at all possible, and use our $0.50 coin lockers (located throughout the facilities) to secure the items you must bring with you. Skis and snowboards are prohibited inside the lodge and should be secured on the outdoor racks with personal equipment locks or dropped off at our Free Ski/Board Check located on the lower deck outside the Rental Shop.